Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Full Battle Rattle


I will be leaving my family on the 31st to go to California for a month for desert training. I'm excited/not excited to go. It's going to be interesting to see what the Army has in store as far as simulating the middle east terrain in the mojave desert. I never look forward to leaving my family behind though.



I've been packing my gear too make sure that I have everything that is necessary for the small mission that we're on. They call this training NTC. National Training Center. We'll be doing things like convoy training, mock buildings that we'll be doing over there, and simulating the overall atmosphere of deployment.

I'll be home the last week of August and then it's nothing but preperation for the next three months in order to go to Iraq. I'll keep posting as much as I can about my experiences.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey good luck over there....

BHodges said...

Be safe! You ought to check out the book Sergeant Nibley, Ph. D.: Memories of an Unlikely Screaming Eagle. It is Hugh Nibley's memories of serving in WWII. Excellent read, brother!

Be safe.